Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New hat and awesome knitwear

new hat

This fell off my needles a little while ago and has been on my head since. Couldn't effectively take pictures of my own head though, so I had to get Dan involved. A combination of nice light and time was achieved on an Easter Sunday ramble up the Heath. His instruction from me was "take a picture of my hat, but don't get my head in." - I think he performed admirably!

new hat

I am pretty darn chuffed with the hat, the temporary difficulty of separating the two strands to float a band of colour over the top was really worth it for me - you get to admire all the colours in the Alchemy Haiku without being overwhelmed. Such a great pattern too, the Waffel hat (rav link). It's nice and big and slouchy, fits over my hair and still covers my ears AND has some seriously elegant decreases in the top. So simple, but brilliantly effective. The girls at Pickles are doing very cool things indeed. My project is ravved here.

new hat

My endpaper mits got some new nice shots too, and Dan was wearing his favourite socks. It's now almost impossible to go out without wearing a hand knit of some description, a happy place to be.

Endpaper

Endpaper

socks

3 comments:

  1. Cool hat, and I love the endpapers too! Must check out that Pickles site, I've never heard of it, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's norwegian, but they translate everything into english too. Simple but effective sums up all their patterns I think - very enjoyable knits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it says more about the longevity of hand knits than my speed with the knitting that we've reached this point! Dan isn't wooly enough yet though, he's laking in the jumper/tank top arena.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!