Sunday, January 15, 2012

a geek moment

Full of the Joys of a new project and faced with a blank, drab and dreary new desk, I made a graphic CMYK codon usage wheel to stick on my wall and brighten the place up a bit. The letters in the middle are the RNA nucleotides: uracil, cytosine, adenine and guanine. Working from the middle out gives you the first, second and third nucleotide in the codon. The letters around the outside are the single letter code for the amino acid that codon encodes. For example: Cyan, Yellow, Cyan = CGC = R = Arginine. 

I was going to make it in a nice tasteful blue configuration, but I was listening to Neon Indian at the time and well.... you see the result!

CMYK codon wheel

Click on the image to download and print - offered free to scientists everywhere looking for something jolly for their work environment. Absolutely not to be used for profit of any kind.

1 comment:

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!