Monday, November 2, 2009

Chicago

chicago

So it's been a little while since I posted, mostly due to a hectic work schedule that had 10 days in Chicago, IL in the middle of it. The photo at the head of the post is from the Signature Lounge at the top of the John Hancock building last Saturday evening (pretty spectacular).


I   got back to London town on a massive wave of relief. Chicago was nice enough and I had fun, but I haven't been that homesick since I was about 10 years old on a week long Brownie camp. Dan met me at the airport and kept me awake for the day to help me avoid a bad bout of jet lag (though honestly I don't think I ever really converted to Chicago time, I slept so badly while I was out there). The week since then has been a bit crazy - I had exceptionally good work related news on Wednesday and I've kind of been bouncing around kind of elated since then. For the first time in about a year and a half I don't have something to feel incredibly anxious about (as a consequence my overpowered, stress fueled, immune system took a holiday over the weekend and I finally fell prey to a cold).


Not that there haven't been things to talk about: purple potatoes, pumpkins, a slightly random conviction that a had to make a crochet blanket right now, the start of an Ishbel shawl (rav link), OCD bookshelf tidying and sloe picking. Enough to keep me out of trouble for a bit at least...


chicago
the view across grant park from our 49th floor apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!