Friday, October 2, 2009

a birthday card for Dan

Dan and I hit on an agreement not all that long ago. I would knit him a jumper if he made me a new (old) lighter bike so I stood a chance of keeping up with him on the occasions we cycle out together. I love my bike, but it weighs a frickin' ton.

For his birthday last week I knitted up a fair-isle-ish swatch to make a card as a token for jumpers to come. Although after a flick through one of my Rowan magazines (!) Dan decided he liked the look of Furrow by Marie Wallin (ravelry link), which is without doubt one of the best mens patterns from Rowan and looks kind of fun to knit too.

card

card

Anyway, my new bike frame arrived yesterday, so the knitting reciprocal is going to have to get serious soon. (Cue Dan's chance to get excited as dozenoaks temporarily transforms into a bike blog)

bike

bike

bike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!