Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wind powered knitting machine

I can hardly believe this passed me by, especially as I used to live and work just around the corner from where this installation was - Wind Knitting Factory.

The video at the bottom of the page is completely hypnotising. So now I obviously crave a sock knitting machine above all things, but sadly the Auto Knitter is a little out of my price range on eBay.

Discovered the link on Eline Oftedal's blog after purchasing her lacy leaf capelet pattern (rav link) from Etsy. My hope is that the lacy leaf capelet pattern will be the final final incarnation of the Cocoon wool, together with perhaps some matching ear warmers (another rav link) for my bicycle helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!