Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December in the garden

It was a relief to know I wasn't the only one battling over-enthusiastic autumn bulb buying in December. I'd had this whole plan for the front garden that involved a barely field with alliums and cow parsley poking through - and then I changed my mind. Really the earth would be better put to vegetables as it was this year, because the patch out the back is not very big at all. I'd already bought the alliums though: 50 drumstick, 10 Christophii, 15 purple sensation and 10 mount everest. Managed to get them in the borders without digging up too many of the tulips I planted two months ago and forgot about.

bulbs

fushiaOther finds: surprisingly successful fushia's planted last year without much thought

catkinsThe first ever catkins to appear on my contorted hazel (long story...)

peonyAnd most precious of all, some very healthy looking (hibernating) tree peony seedlings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!