Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Autumn in, Summer out

So, yesterday it rained basically all day, becoming steadily more torrential. So torrential we we're in danger of flooding for a moment there. I attempted to capture this torrential downpour in photo's, but rain doesn't really capture so well. The best indication is the amount of reflection coming off the concrete next to the new cyclamen (waiting to go in some earth).

rain

rain

The day was dark and dank from start to finish. The light correction on my camera does not do justice to the grey tone of the light. Summer is over, time to accept and move on. Bye bye summer bunting...

bunting
... and hello autumn leaves
leaves

I made this garland last autumn. I am wondering whether this year it could be updated with plain leaves in colours similar to our new picture (which we didn't have this time last year). But I was chuffed with this when I'd finished it, mainly because the shadows look so real.

leaves

(The darkness of the day is probably best ascertained from the yellowed dim light in these indoor photo's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for any comments sent my way, they arere always appreciated!